Buying a New Construction Home
When you are buying a home it is exciting to consider new construction. But many buyers start the process without proper preparation.
The critical thing? Remember the builder has a dedicated salesperson to represent them. Along with showing you the products the builder is offering, the salesperson has a couple of critical functions:
- Make sure you buy a home from that builder
- Work to sell the home for the highest price possible
- Protect the interest of the builder
- Sell you the most profitable upgrades possible
Understand that the building process takes time and involvement. It is not like buying a pair of socks where there is one decision and you are done. Buying a new home involves hundreds of questions and answers, and then many, many decisions. And this happens over time. Builders can typically take 4 to 5 months to complete a home.
Having your own professional advocate will help you:
- Solve problems that arise during the build process
- Give you unbiased advice about what plans, locations, elevations and finishes would give you the best resale potential
- Purchase the home at the best price and terms
- Understand the new construction process, start to finish